Friday, February 9, 2007

paper

As I mentioned a few weeks ago, paper seems to be a big problem in my
home. Between the school papers, DH's papers, my work for school, we
seem to have a lot of paper come through my home. I also read in an
old copy of Plenty (magazine) that 35% of waste comes from paper
products....

We recycle paper, but I still feel guilty about doing so. So, I have
found new ways to reduce and reuse paper.

1) I have started to post assignments on the web (WebCT) and allow
students to turn in their work online rather than printing off papers.

2) All paper which is not used on both sides is cut into quarters and
used as notepad paper

3) I have started to make paper out of paper that we cannot reuse.
This weekend the kids and I made valentine cards for school. I plan
on also making a bunch of thank you cards for the future (which will
also cut down on purchasing thank you cards!)

reducing paper waste one step at a time!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great tips! My family recycles any paper that has a blank side to write notes on later. And I have found that the university had bins for collecting recycling paper, so I'm sure that there are other places that are also making this easier for us. :)